Friday, June 24, 2011

Pittsford Summer Concert Series

This afternoon I jumped in the car with Mom and we hit the road upstate. No, city friends, I don't mean Westchester. I mean all the way up and west; we were Rochester bound.

The Town of Pittsford welcomed me home with open arms as part of their Summer Concert Series festival. We drove in just in time for me to jump out of the car and run down by the canal where I received my inaugural public introduction. I am thrilled that this honor was given to my home town and that I was able to bring the crown upstate less than a week after earning the title.


I had a great time seeing old friends, greeting new neighbors, sharing the tale of my journey to the crown and explaining the many wonderful things that the Miss New York and Miss America organizations do for young women. I met a young lady named Eva, who after a minute of talking I recognized as a former student from my theater counselor days! I haven't seen her since she was in first grade, and now she is going into tenth! My word, where did the time go?

Yet time had not changed Pittsford one bit. Forever dressed in the smooth green of the Erie Canal's waters, she is still the historic beauty in which I grew up. The beautiful shops and restaurants, the boats quietly cruising by...I half expected to look into the water and see a gawky little girl in an N'Sync t-shirt staring back at me.

A huge thank you to Communications Director Shelley O'Brien and Town Deputy Supervisor Sandy Zutes for welcoming me into the day's festivities! I am sure I will see plenty more of my Pittsford friends over the next year!

In the news: Pittsford Native Crowned Miss New York Brighton/Pittsford WHEC

No comments:

Post a Comment