Sunday, June 5, 2011

CMN Telethon in Albany

Momma and I took a trip up to the state capital today to volunteer at the Children's Miracle Network Telethon for the Children's Hospital of Albany. I joined fellow title holders Amanda Alicea, Miss Richmond County, and Kim Cantoni, Miss Liberty, as well as Upstate New York's Outstanding Teen, Madison Manuel!

It was great to venture upstate for the day and take a break from the city. I love Albany, particularly it's giant pistachio building. I know it looks like a UFO but I am telling you, it's a pistachio. We drove by RPI, my former mortal enemy from my Clarkson hockey days. Mom and I grabbed lunch at Alexi's Diner and then headed over to the studio where we were briefed and prepped to man the phones. We had the pleasure of meeting a number of current and former patients of the Children's Hospital of Albany before jumping on set to get started. Below is my new friend, the beautiful Miss Vivian!

Besides the hundreds of callers who made donations, a number of companies did corporate matching throughout the day. By the time we left, the program had raised (brace yourself) over $1.4 million! What a dream!

Thank you to Art Hunsinger for inviting us to participate as well as all the volunteers and workers who made it such a success. A special thank you to Mom who, when asked to volunteer, threw on a headset and joined in! I have the best mommy ever! And of course, to Amanda, Kim, and Madison. I had a blast spending the afternoon with y'all and cannot wait to see you again next week!!



No comments:

Post a Comment