Monday, May 30, 2011

Cedarhurst Memorial Day Parade

Today I finally got my sash!! Complications caused my banner to be delayed the past two months so I have been in limbo. Alas, I am now complete and ready to rock!

Perfect timing since today I was invited along with sister queen Kasey Waters, Miss Greater Gotham, and the new Nassau County's Outstanding Teen Alissa Gianotti to take part in theCedarhust Memorial Day Parade and Ceremonies.

A huge thanks to our friends at the Italian Club for letting us jump on their float. We rode through town (with the marching band was playing Bad Romance) to the village park. There, we enjoyed a ceremony lead by village Mayor Andrew Parise. He is a veteran of the Battle of the Bulge, and like all vets I have met from that battle he sure had spunk. Highlights of the ceremonie included Lawrence High School's band and Select Singers, Michael Weinstein's performance of his original song, "Field of Honor", and the 9/11 Memorial Benediction by Rev. Paul Rahilly. The entire day felt like a big family reunion, it is clear that this community has a strong sense of unity and support for one another.

Thank you to the Cedarhust community for letting us spend the morning with you! And thanks to the sun for the wonderful tank-top tan lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment