Thursday, February 2, 2012

Meeting with Senator Ritchie

For my last official stop in Watertown, I sat down with State Senator Patty Ritchie to answer questions about bullying. Citizens throughout Watertown sent in their questions to Senator Ritchie's Facebook page related to bullying, victimization, the role of parents and more.

My responses were transcribed, you can read my answers here! Forgive the grammar; I talk fast and can only imagine how difficult it was for someone to transcribe my words over speaker phone.

I have to congratulate her for keeping you voters involved in her work. It is so important that lawmakers listen to the will of the people. Her social media presence is incredibly impressive, particularly in the way she uses it almost daily to get the community's feedback. The meeting had an exciting end: after our conversation, Senator Ritchie said she will be putting her support behind our cyberbullying bill! Thank you to the Senator for taking the time to meet with me and for becoming part of our efforts! As a woman with strong understanding of the positive power of digital media, I am glad to have her on board to help protect against its negative uses. It was such a pleasure and honor to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment